develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from October 2001

Re: problem fetching the page

From:
Shawn
Date:
October 29, 2001 22:11
Re: problem fetching the page
Message ID:
008901c14c1e$afc1d450$0100a8c0@nam
Are you required to pass a cookie back with your POST?

I had a similar problem with a site the sent out a random cookie every five
minutes and would not let you in unless you had the new cookie passed with
the POST...  If this is the case, I have a solution.  If not, I won't
clutter the list with the code.  Let me know.

Shawn

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rahul Garg" <rahul@shaktipro.com>
To: <libwww@perl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 12:47 AM
Subject: problem fetching the page

i want to automate the form and want to access /xyz.asp?b=KV page.
after filling in correct email and  password fields i am not able to access
the page , instead i get the http://abcd.com/login/default.asp  page.

i am requesting like this-
my $req = POST 'http://www.abcd.com/log-in/def.asp',
               [ Email => 'xyz@abcd.com',
                 Password => raj,
                PageWanted =>http://www.abcd.com/xyz.asp?b=KV
                ];

Any suggestions for fetching the correct page.May be the asp server prog.
using the session variables..how to handle it.

the eg source code for form( assume the form is syntactically
correct)present in http://www.abcd.com/log-in/def.asp is given below--

<form action="http://abcd.com/log-in/def.asp" method="post">
label-Email
<input type="text" value="" name="Email">

label-Password
<input type="password"  value="" name="Password">

<input type="checkbox" name="Cookie" id="Cookie">&nbsp;
<label for="Cookie">Check  box  if u want   e-mail address and pass word
stored for automatic signin </label>

<input type="hidden" name="PageWanted" value="/xyz.asp?b=KV">
<input type="hidden" name="Buttonenter" value="enter">
<input type="hidden" name="cancelRe-direct" value="/">
<input type="submit" value="enter">&nbsp;
<input type="submit" name="Buttoncancel" value="cancel">&nbsp;
<input type="submit" name="ButtonE-mailPasword" value="E-mailPasword">
</form>

Thanks,
Rahul