develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from October 2001

problem fetching the page: more comments needed

From:
Rahul Garg
Date:
October 12, 2001 05:53
Subject:
problem fetching the page: more comments needed
Message ID:
001401c1531d$cf675fe0$1900a8c0@shakti
Hi Everybody,
Well, the problem goes like this-

step 1)I am fetching a url(asp page) thru browser.Instead
i get a difft. url(asp page).with commented code like this-
PageWanted - Session [/ist?z=XYZ]
the page actually requested in [].

step 2)Now after filling in the email and password and
submitting i get the reqd. url with commented code like
this-
PageWanted - Session [/ist.asp?z=XYZ]
Logged - Session [1]
Email - Session [xyz@abc.com]
Password - Session [rahul]
AccountID - Session [1234]
Alias - Session []
Permit-19 - Session [1]

I actually want to automate this above procedure.
I am able to do the step 1) .ie. i am able to fetch the
page in step 1.In header information  i am receiving
Set-Cookie : SessionID .....
with other information

i am not able to do step 2)
Questions :
1)What information i have to send in to get the reqd. page
apart from email,password .I think i have to send the
Cookie :SessionID..... that i received in previous page.
Anything else...
2)how session variables are handled on client side..if
possible.how and when session variables are set on server
side and what the asp page does of cookies.how to handle
it without browser.ie.in code.
3)is there any complete url that can be used that doesnt
need the sessions to be establised.Note :I dont have
access to the server.
3)Here above, i am not able to get the page i reqd in
step2).I am working on PERL(LWP) and accessing the ASP
page.Exactly, what i have to do to get the reqd page
logically.(if possible,in perl way)
Please do Reply even if further details are needed to
reply my queries.

Thanks,
Rahul