develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from October 2001

Re: HTTP::Cookies rejects cookies from host a.b for domain .a.b

From:
Fred Douglis
Date:
October 11, 2001 14:41
Re: HTTP::Cookies rejects cookies from host a.b for domain .a.b
Message ID:
200110112141.RAA01648@douglux.research.att.com

duret_g@lrde.epita.fr said:
> I have no idea who is right, it's the first time I work with cookies.
> (Reading RFC 2109 I'd vote for HTTP::Cookies, however other browsers
> seems to accept these cookies just fine.)

Now, where have I heard that before?  :-)

If there's a difference between the spec and common practice, it's unfortunate
that one must often bow to common practice.

Fred