develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from October 2001

non-absolute redirects

From:
fred whitridge
Date:
October 9, 2001 12:11
Subject:
non-absolute redirects
Message ID:
3BC34BCA.A6388220@hippoinc.com
Gisle:

I did the patch referenced below

> This patch improves the way LWP::Simple::get deals with non-absolute
> redirects.  When this happens it is really the server that does not
> know how to speak HTTP, but anyway...

which you posted to libwww@perl.org on July 20, 2001.  This seems to
handle most of my non-absolute redirects but I ocassionally have the
same script crash with a non-absoulte redirect error running against the
same server.

Is there a way to tease out the base address and the redirect location
and make sure it always works? I'd seen code which extracts the redirect
location from a response and appends it to the base location?

Fred Whitridge