develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from September 2001

multithreading in perl

From:
ben goswami
Date:
September 29, 2001 17:57
Subject:
multithreading in perl
Message ID:
008c01c1494a$eec0b9e0$2b0b0c18@smateo1.sfba.home.com
I've to deal with threading in perl to handle the following situation:
1. a cgi script excutes a job which will take a long time to finish.
Instead of setting a high timeout, I'm planning to implement threading
feature in perl.  So when the CGI fires up the script, I would like to
create a thread and send the response to the browser saying that
1. process has began and
user can quit and check back after some time.