develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from September 2001

open URL in "new" window...

From:
Kay Schenk
Date:
September 13, 2001 00:32
Subject:
open URL in "new" window...
Message ID:
3B9FB588.7050909@csuchico.edu
Folks--

I've been experimenting a bit using HTTP and LWP from inside a cgi--an
interactive form.  Does anyone know how to use LWP::UserAgent to open in
a new browser window, a la something you can do in Javascript.

i.e I've got something like this...

  $ua = LWP::UserAgent -> new;
         $request= HTTP::Request->new(GET => 'http://www.csuchico.edu');

         ##from LWP
         $response= $ua ->request($request);

         # from HTTP::Message

===>>> how can I get this to a new window and not replace the one I've
got open while running the exisitng form CGI?

         print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";

         print $response->content();

Thanks for any help?