develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from September 2001

Request for help/ideas/solutions - generating a historical log

From:
Larry W. Virden
Date:
September 6, 2001 03:33
Subject:
Request for help/ideas/solutions - generating a historical log
Message ID:
20010906063304.AAB23602@cas.org
One of the web sites I like to use is an almost realtime chat (it's an
implementation of the http://www.ralfchat.de/ perl5 chat script).

One of the things that doesn't seem to exist though is a way to log/archive
the activity on the chat.

Since the chat requires one to login and it is multi-frame, is there
a way using libwww to somehow simulate enough of a browser to capture the
stream of messages and log them to a file?

--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden@cas.org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>