develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from August 2001

Re: libwww install fails on cygwin: HEAD vs. head filename confusion?

From:
Gerrit P. Haase
Date:
August 27, 2001 10:03
Re: libwww install fails on cygwin: HEAD vs. head filename confusion?
Message ID:
3B8A983E.30580.1C563E9@localhost
> david@carter.net schrieb am 2001-06-05 13:13:

>Trying to install libwww-perl on cygwin, but seem to be having a problem with
>the symlink make install wants to create from /usr/bin/HEAD to
>/usr/bin/lwp-request. (Output below may be an aritifact of a previous failed
>make install.) I suspect the problem may be related to the fact that cygwin has
>a /usr/bin/head (like the tail program), which may be gettting confused with
>/usr/bin/HEAD due to Windows 2000 /  Cygwin filename case-sensitivity issues?

I remember we resolved this, right?

Gerrit

--
gerrit.haase@convey.de