develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from August 2001

Re: HTML character entites expand incorrectly

From:
Sean M. Burke
Date:
August 20, 2001 19:05
Re: HTML character entites expand incorrectly
Message ID:
3.0.6.32.20010820200005.007bed10@mail.spinn.net
At 08:40 PM 2001-08-20 +0100, Jaime Regalado Garza wrote:
>I'm having some trouble with HTML entities expansion using the
>latest HTML::Parser, I'm working with Active State Perl 5.6 on WinNT.
>Every HTML character entity gets expanded to some wird character,
>for example I always get an accented letter a with   being the
>most common in HTML docs I get lots of those.

Well, what's the input, what's the output, and what exact (!) versions of
HTML::Parser and Perl (5.6.0 or 5.6.1? what build?) are you using?

--
Sean M. Burke  sburke@cpan.org  http://www.spinn.net/~sburke/