develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from August 2001

HTML character entites expand incorrectly

From:
Jaime Regalado Garza
Date:
August 20, 2001 18:48
Subject:
HTML character entites expand incorrectly
Message ID:
005f01c129af$eee47610$0201010a@bart
Hi,

I'm having some trouble with HTML entities expansion using the latest
HTML::Parser, I'm working with
Active State Perl 5.6 on WinNT. Every HTML character entity gets expanded to
some wird character,
for example I always get an accented letter a with   being the most
common in HTML docs I get
lots of those.

I suppose this issue it's related to HTML::Entities; has anyone seen this
behavior before,
how can I disable HTML character entites' expanssion ?, I don't  need it on
my project anyway.
I've used two different Windows PCs,  getting same results, and I've not
made any test with Unix perl.

This minor glitches aside, I'm highly impressed with this module, very
useful !!!

Thanks.