develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from July 2001

Re: please help me :)

From:
Scott R. Godin
Date:
Re: please help me :)
Message ID:
webmaster-43C27B.04482227072001@onion.valueclick.com
In article <001501c115a7$3916c5c0$017ba8c0@desktop>,
 webmaster@lanetic.com (Lanetic) wrote:

> i'm use LWP::simple
>
> getprint("http://www.lanetic.de");
>
> Can't locate object method "host" via package "URI:: generic" ???????????
>
> thanxxx

I had this exact problem recently, and eventually tracked down the bug
to a very simple change in the latest LWP/URI info

line 85 has a \z instead of a \Z which is new to 5.6.x but doesn't exist
in 5.004

this change will enable it to work under 5.004

    sub implementor
    {
        my($scheme, $impclass) = @_;
        if (!$scheme || $scheme !~ /\A$scheme_re\Z/o) {

a note to Gisle Aas, recieved this response:

> on 07/18/2001 09:29 AM, Gisle Aas at gisle@ActiveState.com wrote:
>
> > The real problem is that URI.pm should not claim to support perl5.004.
> > The \z was introduced later.  A fix might be to have Makefile.PL
> > change \z into \Z for perls that don't support the former.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Gisle

Hope this helps!

--