develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from July 2001

HTML::Parser under Virtual Hosts

From:
Daniel Yacob
Date:
HTML::Parser under Virtual Hosts
Message ID:
200107060017.UAA03357@zendro.geez.org

Greetings,

I've experienced a problem using HTML::Parser where I'm getting
different results when a cgi script is used under a virtual host
(apache 1.3.20, HTML-Parser 3.25, expat-1.95.1, perl 5.005_03).

The virtual host should also have indentical settings as the
primary.  The script is the same in both cases with no change
of ownership, permissions, etc.

My "start" and "end" callbacks appear like:

  start_h   => ['start', "self, tagname, attr, text"],
  end_h     => ['end', "self, tagname, text"],

Under the primary host all is fine, when using the script under
a virtual host the "text" field that arrives to the "start"
callback becomes an ARRAY reference (with no elements).

If anyone has seen this problem before, please let me know what
the solution is!  I can also detail more information, and run
tests as advised.

thank you,

/Daniel