develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from July 2001

mod_perl

From:
Joel Divekar
Date:
July 5, 2001 23:14
Subject:
mod_perl
Message ID:
4.2.2.20010706114845.01ea9ed8@10.1.1.151
Hi All

Installed Indigo Perl on my system and when I tried the sample code which
came along with the installation to test mod_perl it gave an error as "Page
not found"

I have checked the following before posting
a) I found that the file exists
b) path in the html page is also correct.
c) Apache which came along with the installation is running and displays
     "Apache/1.3.19 (Win32) mod_perl/1.24_01 running..."
d) When I tried checking the $ENV if 'MOD_PERL' exist but failed ....

Can you all help me in the following

a) I stared Perl programming with Activestate and today also I am using
     Activestate Perl on Win2k system but mod_perl from active state
     comes with a price tag.... Any suggestions ?

c) Is IndigoPerl right option for mod_perl programming

d) One important thing with Activestate, I never had any problem adding
additional
     modules (Well not tried from CPAN). And I am loyal to Activestate only
because of
     the simplicity and easy managebility.

e) I am looking for a Perl distribution which is simple to install and
manage. I should be
     able to add modules without compiling (I don't have any C++ compiler).
I want to
     do web programming using mod_perl on Win32 environment.

Please help me .... this problem has been troubling me for months ... and
for few day I have some time to shift to another distribution if required.

Regards

Joel

QuantumLink Communications, Bombay, India