develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from July 2001

Trouble installing Bundle::LWP

From:
Michael Donn
Date:
July 2, 2001 21:04
Subject:
Trouble installing Bundle::LWP
Message ID:
01070221050500.14180@localhost.localdomain

I am a relative newcomer to installation of software in Linux, and would be
most grateful for any help that I get.  I am using Red Hat Linux 7.0 on a pc.

After installing perl5.6.1 from source, I installed several bundles, via CPAN,
sucessfully. When I attempted to install Bundle::LWP I ran into trouble.

In the interest of brevity I have not included the full text of the output, but
it can be found, together with other diagnostic material, at
<www.telisphere.com/~miked/LWP_trouble/>

What have I omitted? May I ignore the error? If so, how do I force installation?

   /usr/local/bin/perl5.6.1 t/TEST 0
   base/common-req.....ok
   base/cookies........ok
   base/date...........ok
   base/headers-auth...ok
   base/headers-etag...ok
   base/headers-util...ok
   base/headers........ok
   base/listing........ok
   base/mediatypes.....ok
   base/message........ok
   base/negotiate......ok
   base/response.......ok
   base/status.........ok
   base/ua.............ok
   html/form...........ok
   robot/rules-dbm.....FAILED test 8
           Failed 1/13 tests, 92.31% okay
   robot/rules.........ok
   robot/ua............ok
   local/autoload......ok
   local/get...........ok
   local/http..........ok
   local/protosub......ok
   Failed Test       Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
   robot/rules-dbm.t                     13    1   7.69%  8
   Failed 1/22 test scripts, 95.45% okay. 1/287 subtests failed, 99.65% okay.
   make: *** [test] Error 29
     /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
   Running make install
     make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
   Bundle summary: The following items in bundle Bundle::LWP had installation
   problems:
     LWP

I reran the test script with the verbose option, and got (in part)
the following:

   No agent name specified at robot/rules-dbm.t line 122
   ok 13
   FAILED test 8
           Failed 1/13 tests, 92.31% okay