develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from April 2001

how to embed username and password into my script?

From:
=?iso-8859-1?q?arturo=20didonna?=
Date:
April 29, 2001 05:41
Subject:
how to embed username and password into my script?
Message ID:
20010429124102.9213.qmail@web11505.mail.yahoo.com

Hi everyone. I am using LWP to open the page:

http://www.soldionline.it/servlet/InviaQuotazioni?p=260&nome=Indici%20Internaz

I need to supply username and password to access the
page content. Is there a way to embed such information
into my perl script?  (I am using a linux machine
running RedHat). I am not a very experienced perl
programmer and I would be grateful if someone could
give me a pointer to some example-code, which I could
study and, possibly, bring  into my script.

Thanks again for your help.

Arturo DiDonna