develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from April 2001

'Host:' and relative URI in request header

From:
MrLarf9
Date:
'Host:' and relative URI in request header
Message ID:
62.df9e1db.2815a592@aol.com
Hello all.

I am still trying to achieve the following, and it seems that it may not be possible.

I need to generate the following request line along with the following header in HTTP 1.1

POST /ABCApp/TransactionInterface5_0/DServlet HTTP/1.1
Host: test.server.com:4321

It may be that the new HTTP11 module may provide the HTTP 1.1 functionality to include the HOST header in the request along with the http1.1 protocol, but I cannot figure out how to script it.

I am stuck with UserAgent because I have to send and receive a rather long chunk of XML, but need to use a relative URI (above) and a host header - neither of which are possible in UserAgent, which requires an absolute URL.

If anyone can offer a snippet of code to get this running, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance