Front page | perl.libwww |
Postings from April 2001
From: ben goswami
April 23, 2001 07:16
Message ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm trying to use webchat to download content from web and write them to file. I could not make much progress.
my questions are :
1. how do I print the $res (the content) from the site to std out or to a file
2. do you have more docs on how to write the 'chat scripts' for advance usage
3. How do I print the variables if
4. how do I see what script has been generated before it is fed to perl
5. Should I modify the webchat.pl if I want to extend the functionality
here is what I'm tryin to do:
1. go to a ur:(ex: www.epaynews.com)
2. get the links for head lines (they start with pattern "<A HREF="/index.cgi?survey=&ref=browse&f=view&id=")
3. go to each of those links and download content and parse the content from <head line title> to <Related links> and write to a file.
4. do it for all the headline links and write the contents to a single file.
>>"Ben Goswami" <email@example.com> writes:
>> Is there any good free web site scrapping script available which can extract
>> contents from web sites based on url, patterns(to extract the part of the
>> content after doing a http get) post data etc. as an input parameters
>Have you tried 'webchat'?