develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from April 2001

SSL support in HTTP::Daemon

From:
Steve McKay
Date:
April 18, 2001 13:06
Subject:
SSL support in HTTP::Daemon
Message ID:
3ADDF3B6.7000701@intrusion.com
Hello,

In reading the README.SSL, I get the impression that ssl support on the
server side should be a drop in or "plug-and-play" as it is with the client:

"The libwww-perl package has support for using SSL/TLSv1 with its HTTP
client and server classes.....
Encryption support is obtained through the use of Crypt::SSLeay or
IO::Socket::SSL, which can both be found from CPAN. While libwww-perl
has "plug-and-play" support for both of these modules (as of v5.45),
the recommended module to use is Crypt::SSLeay."

However I have attempted this without success using the HTTP::Daemon module.

Can anyone shed ligt on this, or better yet, provide a code example of
how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance

Steve McKay