develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from April 2001

FW: How do I build a associative array from a dyanamic list

From:
Ben Goswami
Date:
FW: How do I build a associative array from a dyanamic list
Message ID:
006901c0c2b5$2cb432d0$9d14a8c0@BENG
hi,

How can I create a associative array from an unknown list of entities.  As
we don't have an equivalent of 'add' or 'push' function for the associative
array.
for example: I'm trying to parse an xml file and create an nested
associative array. The number of 'items' element in the source data may be
varying.

I've attached the xml:

the only in the docs I see about this is this:
How can I store a multidimensional array in a DBM file?
Either stringify the structure yourself (no fun), or else get the MLDBM
(which uses Data::Dumper) module from CPAN and layer it on top of either
DB_File or GDBM_File.

Is there any other way
thx
ben