develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from April 2001

HTTPS through proxy with CONNECT

From:
dLux
Date:
April 11, 2001 07:13
Subject:
HTTPS through proxy with CONNECT
Message ID:
20010411132357.B7911@dlux.hu
Hello,

I  need to  connect a  https  server through  a proxy,  but AFAIK  LWP
still  does not  know how  to do  it using  CONNECT method  instead of
GET. I have tested with LWP version 5.52, but it does not work.

I have found  a patch in the net  to do this (keepalive  patch + https
connect  patch), it  was made  for  libwww-perl-5.53. It  was sent  to
this mailing list also (I am sorry, I forgot the author's name).

My  question: Is  there official  statement about  this? Will  CONNECT
included in the LWP in the near future?

Regards,

dLux
--