develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from April 2001

HTML::Parse: what if I *don't* want entities decoded?

From:
John Stracke
Date:
HTML::Parse: what if I *don't* want entities decoded?
Message ID:
3ACE0CEB.4E6ED398@ecal.com
I just noticed that, when HTML::Parse encountes  , it sends
it to me as \240.  Since I want to treat my files as UTF-8, this
is a problem.  Is there any way to tell it not to decode
entities, or do I need to bite the bullet and implement the UTF-8
option the manpage talks about?

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.  |