develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from April 2001

connedting to online banking site using ssl (Wells Fargo) has anyone done this?

From:
Hill, Ronald
Date:
April 6, 2001 11:09
Subject:
connedting to online banking site using ssl (Wells Fargo) has anyone done this?
Message ID:
9DBD698C2310D51199E00090278A071B08EA61@cypntx1.ugsolutions.com
Hi All,
I am trying to download my account information from the online banking
function of Wells Fargo and I can't seem to figure out how?
I can't seem to get past the initial logon screen. The result that is
printed from the print $response->content is the login screen. I was
expecting
the account summery page ( since I added the userid and passwd in my
request) I have looked at the lwpcook man page ( this is where I
got the example on how to connect). I have to be doing something wrong but I
don't know what. Anyone have an example of a complete
exchange between client and server back to client then server?

Thanks

Ron Hill

use HTTP::Request;
use LWP::UserAgent;
BEGIN { *LWP::UserAgent::redirect_ok = sub { 1 } }
use HTTP::Cookies;
use HTTP::Response;
use File::Basename;
use strict;
usage() unless (@ARGV);

my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
$ua->cookie_jar(HTTP::Cookies->new(file => "c:/temp/lwpcookies.txt",
                                     autosave => 1));
$ua->agent('Mozilla/4.73');

my $req = new HTTP::Request('POST','https://banking.wellsfargo.com'),
           [ userid => "$ARGV[0]", passwd => "$ARGV[1]" , 'Account Summary'
=> 'Account Summary' ];

my $response = $ua->request ($req);

if ($response->is_success) {
                        print $response->content;

                      } else {
                        print "Failed: ", $response->status_line, "\n";
                      }

sub usage() {

   my $file = basename $0;

   print <<END_USAGE;