develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2001

Re: LPW User Agent Timeout and Active State Perl on NT

From:
Gisle Aas
Date:
Re: LPW User Agent Timeout and Active State Perl on NT
Message ID:
lrofujunx2.fsf@caliper.ActiveState.com
"Paul Maine Jr." <paulm@msicc.com> writes:

> In my example code, I am accessing a bogus site for testing purposes. No
> matter what value I set the timeout to be it returns the status line in
> about 30-45 seconds. I would like the timeout to be 10 seconds.

Is it the connect call that hangs?  On Linux you can run the program
under 'strace' to figure out what goes on at the system call level.
Do you have something similar on NT?

Otherwise you can try make a private copy of IO/Socket.pm and put
suiteable prints in the connect method.  Do you get into the:

        if ($timeout && $!{EINPROGRESS}) {

block?

> I am using build 623 from Active State.

Then your IO::Socket should be pretty up to date.

Regards,
Gisle