develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2001

Re: HTML::Form->parse(...)

From:
merlyn
Date:
Re: HTML::Form->parse(...)
Message ID:
m1zoe8movy.fsf@halfdome.holdit.com

Robert> For example, it's not clear whether a local filename can be
Robert> given as '$html_document'.  Examples can reduce 1/2 hour of
Robert> trial and error and swearing to 15 seconds of simple
Robert> comprehension.

Hmm.  Whenever the docs don't do it for me, I simply type

  perldoc -m HTML::Form

to look at the source, and I can probably still have the answer closer
to 15 seconds, not a 1/2 hour.

I've also never seen a Perl function accept either a filename or
a string in the same parameter... since that would be ambiguous, since
any filename could be a string, and any string could be a filename.
So I would have looked for a different function already.

This is not to say that more examples wouldn't be nice, but I don't
think they're necessary, at least for the question you cited above.