develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2001

Problems surfing a site

From:
John W Cunningham
Date:
March 24, 2001 16:56
Subject:
Problems surfing a site
Message ID:
BEEOLIJOIOBCOCILGHKIGENBDBAA.john@pickaprof.com
I am having issues pulling down a site.  I'm using s subroutine based on a
very simple usage of UserAgent which has never failed me in the past.
Basically, once I get two levels deep into this site (I need to go 4) the
site starts telling me that I'm not logged in.  The site does not use
cookies, and the FAQ mentioned that http proxies could mess it up, but other
than that I can't find the problem.

The FAQ also mentions that the server side make a session based on the IP
address.  I ran this script from my workstation (which had just been on the
site) and it gave me the same results.  The list it gives for possible
reasons it won't work is:

Your session was left inactive for too long.
You've already exited from Web for Students.
Your PC is running "web accelerator" or "download accelerator" software.
You are using AOL's browser.
Excessive system load.
You pressed your browser's Stop button or the Esc key, then clicked a link.
You are behind a firewall.
Your Internet provider uses HTTP proxies.
You are using WebTV.
You double-clicked a link.

Here is an example link that I can't get to:
http://techsis.admin.ttu.edu/student/ia-bin/tsrvweb.exe?tserve_host_code=Hos
tZero&tserve_tiphost_code=TipZero&tserve_tip_read_destroy=&tserve_tip_write=
%7C%7CWID%7CTerm%7CSubject%7CCourseID&tserve_trans_config=rclsavl3.cfg&ReqNu
m=3&CourseID=ACCT-3304

And this is the top level of the page - where the user session claims to be
started:
http://techsis.admin.ttu.edu/student/ia-bin/tsrvweb.exe?tserve_trans_config=
ahomepg.cfg&tserve_host_code=HostZero&tserve_tiphost_code=TipZero

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-John