develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2001

Timeout issue with HTTPS connection

From:
Eric Gauthier
Date:
March 16, 2001 21:35
Subject:
Timeout issue with HTTPS connection
Message ID:
20010316171743.D29462@roxanne.org
Hello.

I'm trying to track down an issue I'm currently having using Spong
2.7.0 with the "check_https" module installed.  The error message
that I'm receiving, when making an HTTPS call is:

Fri Mar 16 17:15:36 2001 Error: No check function defined for https:
Can't call method "request" on an undefined value at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/LWP/UserAgent.pm line 227.

This appears to occur when the timeout expires before a response is
generated.  Is the check_https routine not setting some parameter
correctly?

The module that I'm using is:
ftp://spong.sourceforge.net/pub/spong/plugins/spong-network/check_https-0.9.tar.gz

Thanks!

Eric :)

PS: I'm not currently on this mailing list, so please respond offlist.
Thanks!