develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2001

Re: Need help with my code?

From:
Dave Faraldo
Date:
Re: Need help with my code?
Message ID:
200103160037.QAA30785@davepc.nocpulse.net

> I think you can subclass the post request with one new function that
> says to follow redirects, but I haven't tried that yet.

Yup, you got it.  Override LWP::UserAgent::redirect_ok with the
following, and you should be golden:

  # Overloaded function to allow GET redirects following POSTs
  sub redirect_ok {
    my ($ua, $req) = @_;

    if (uc($req->method()) eq 'GET') {

      # Allow redirects on GET requests;