develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2001

Re: Need help with my code?

From:
Eric J. Schwertfeger
Date:
Re: Need help with my code?
Message ID:
Pine.BSF.4.21.0103151458420.1535-100000@harlie.bfd.com
On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Cormac Garvey wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am new to libwww. I want to use libwww to acess my bank A/C's and
>   Stocks via a client program.

So am I, so I figured this one out last night.

> HTTP/1.1 302 (Found) Moved Temporarily
> Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 21:53:36 GMT
> Location: /ftgw/webxpress/MainMenu

> But unfortunately, I do not see my account information.
>
> Any ideas on how I can fix this.

LPW does not follow redirects automatically when doing a POST.  I think
you can subclass the post request with one new function that says to
follow redirects, but I haven't tried that yet.

I don't know if you just need to keep all of your cookies and do a GET on
the Location:, or if you need to POST to the location, though it's been my
experience (from the CGI side) that POSTs don't redirect well with most
web browsers, so I suspect that the GET will be good enough.