develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2001

HTTP/1.1 support

From:
Lionel Cons
Date:
March 15, 2001 01:56
Subject:
HTTP/1.1 support
Message ID:
20010315103431.52@c699100c9b5badcc26efde58cf40aac9
Hi there!

I would need partial HTTP/1.1 support in order to have "keep alive"
connections for a web proxy. It seems that libwww-perl 5 is almost up
to the task because Bob McElrath's FilterProxy version 0.29 claims to
work like that (see http://draal.physics.wisc.edu/FilterProxy/).
Looking at his code, there are many things that really should be part
of libwww-perl like the hack whith client protocol guessing or the
	${*$client}{'httpd_nomore'} = 0;
line...

Now, for my needs, should I switch to libwww-perl 6 alpha or stay with
libwww-perl 5? Who is working on HTTP/1.1 support in libwww-perl 5
(the TODO file has "HTTP/1.1 support is on its way")? How can I help?

Lionel Cons        http://home.cern.ch/~cons
CERN               http://www.cern.ch

Boren's Laws:
	When in charge, ponder.