develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2001

HTML::Tree version 3.10 entering CPAN.

From:
Sean M. Burke
Date:
HTML::Tree version 3.10 entering CPAN.
Message ID:
3.0.6.32.20010310231228.0088dea0@mail.spinn.net
HTML::Tree release 3.10 is entering CPAN.  A bugfix or two, scads
more docs (including some of my Perl Journal articles), and a
some miscellaneous new features.

2001-03-10   Sean M. Burke <sburke@cpan.org>

   Release 3.10

   Now bundling three relevent The Perl Journal articles by me:
   HTML::Tree::AboutObjects, HTML::Tree::AboutTrees, and
   HTML::Tree::Scanning.

   Vadims_Beilins@swh-t.lv observes that $h->push_content(LoL)
   doesn't take care of _parent bookkeeping right.  FIXED.
   John Woffindin <john@xoren.co.nz> notes a similar bug in clone();
   FIXED.

   Adding no_space_compacting feature to TreeBuilder, at suggestion of
   Victor Wagner <vitus@ice.ru>.

   Incorporating the clever suggestion (from Martin H. Sluka,
   <martin@sluka.de>) that $element->extract_links's returned LoL
   should contain a third item (for the attribute name) in the
   per-link listref.  I also add a fourth item, the tagname of the
   element.

   New method, "elementify", in HTML::TreeBuilder.

   Various improvements and clarifications to the POD in
   HTML::TreeBuilder and HTML::Element.

   Some new methods in HTML::Element: "number_lists",
   "objectify_text", and "deobjectify_text".

   HTML::Element and HTML::TreeBuilder versions both bumped up from
   3.08 to 3.10, to keep pace with the HTML::Tree version.

--
Sean M. Burke  sburke@cpan.org  http://www.spinn.net/~sburke/