develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2001

Please help me GET https site via a proxy server

From:
twh
Date:
March 8, 2001 09:05
Subject:
Please help me GET https site via a proxy server
Message ID:
200103081643.LAA24396@library.ho.lucent.com
Recently my environment is upgraded to Solaris 8,
	perl 5.6.0,
	libwww-perl-5.50 with patch-103773
		The patch suppose to fix the https via a proxy connection.
	Crypt::SSLeay 0.22

However, I am still having the same problem after I added the patch.
It works ok if I access a local https site.

Here are error messages when I run the GET command. (It should print out
the contents of the web page instead of giving error message.)

$ GET -s -x -p https://my.proxy.com:8000 https://www.sun.com
LWP::UserAgent::new: ()
LWP::UserAgent::proxy: https https://my.proxy.com:8000
LWP::UserAgent::request: ()
LWP::UserAgent::simple_request: GET https://www.sun.com
LWP::UserAgent::_need_proxy: Proxied to https://my.proxy.com:8000
LWP::Protocol::https::request: ()
LWP::Protocol::https::request: Trying to CONNECT through the proxy server
LWP::Protocol::http::request: ()
LWP::Protocol::http::request: CONNECT www.sun.com:443 HTTP/1.0
Host: www.sun.com

LWP::Protocol::http::request: reading response
LWP::Protocol::http::request: HTTP/1.0 200 Connection established
Proxy-agent: CacheFlow-Proxy/1.0

LWP::Protocol::http::request: HTTP/1.0 200 Connection established
LWP::Protocol::https::request: Transmogrifying our socket
Can't call method "request" on an undefined value at /opt/perl/lib/site_perl/5.6.0/LWP/UserAgent.pm line 227.