develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2001

Re: LWP and Cookies

From:
Kai Krebber
Date:
Re: LWP and Cookies
Message ID:
200103080851.IAA02133@ireserver.Ireland.Sun.COM
Hi, Waseem!

I actually have the same effect. I tried out a sample program from a book
(Listing 19.5 from 'Perl 5 by Example'; e.g.
http://www.codebits.com/p5be/ch19.cfm on the server side) to avoid making a
conceptual mistake, but cookies still don't work in the client side, using LWP
(works with Netscape browser though).

I posted a request to this group  on Feb 16th, but never got a response.

So if somebody would have a working sample using cookies with LWP::UserAgent
(and a http-proxy) that I could try out against an outside Webserver (sample URL
please too), I would appreceate it. I'm suspecting LWP-cookie handling not to
work at all (at least not on my SPARC Solaris).

Kai