develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from February 2001

Parsing HTML with javascript ...

From:
Viena Garcia Acosta
Date:
February 21, 2001 10:30
Subject:
Parsing HTML with javascript ...
Message ID:
3A93C398.26697.AD7BBD3@localhost
Hi!

I had been reading and searching all libwww-perl archive and more, and
still not found an answer.

I'm working at a project that takes a "fake" website and upload it to
the real server. We start with the index page, and then upload
every link referred by each different page.
We use libwww-perl for that, we have an Upload module that use
HTML::LinkExtor for parsing an HTML file and extracts all links.

Everything was working fine. But now we have included some
javascript code into the pages, to use common onload and
mouseover attributes. But the images referred only in onload
attribute of the body tag, or on the onmouseover att. of href tag, are
not seeing by the parser and never uploaded to the real server.

So, I'll like to ask if there's some solution already for this
problem or maybe someone that is working at it.

Thanks,
Cheers

Viena Garcia Acosta
Webprogrammer