develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from February 2001

Linkcheck script, request for comments

From:
Phil Mitchell
Date:
February 20, 2001 14:26
Subject:
Linkcheck script, request for comments
Message ID:
4.3.2.7.2.20010220171931.00aef9b0@hulmail.harvard.edu
As I mentioned in the previous post, I have written a script that works
pretty hard to determine an accurate error status for arbitrary urls.
Unlike most of the linkscheck scripts out there, it does no spidering to
find links, it just reads a list of urls and checks them. From my point of
view, this is an advantage, since it is focused on a single problem, and it
is configurable for number of retries, time between retries, etc. Also, I
don't know of any other link check script that handles the Solaris/EOF bug
-- quite significant if you're running your script on Solaris.

My question is whether there would be interest in having the script posted
to cpan?