develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from February 2001

Re: Apache::ASP, SSL problems ... must be LWP ...

From:
Joshua Chamas
Date:
February 16, 2001 13:08
Re: Apache::ASP, SSL problems ... must be LWP ...
Message ID:
3A8D942F.8B60F4F1@chamas.com
"Demetrios C. Christopher" wrote:

> Hey guys, thanks for nothing ... this is the second reply
> to my own email :(
>
> Anyway, I contacted the site with which we were having problems
> and they went through their logs only to discover that the only
> difference between LWP https calls that were successful and those
> that failed was the return code!!!

Give me your URL that you are contacting, I'll see how it works
with my LWP.  You might try upgrading the Crypt::SSLeay https LWP
library to the latest should you have an old one.  The latest
Crypt::SSLeay supports SSLv3 and all that.

> Now think, why would the mode of the server on which the process
> is running bear an effect on the outcome of the connection miles
> away?  I'm guessing there's a conflict of interest ... Stronghold
> is tapping the SSL library (I can find out which one if people are
> interested in helping, ah-hem) and when LWP is trying to form a
> 128-bit cipher it's getting some junk or errors.  Go figure.

I feel that this problem might be that the stronghold server was
insisting on its 128 bit SSLv3, and LWP might have been going
for a SSLv2 or SSLv23 with 56bit, thus a funky 403. error, but
only time will tell!  It seems to clean an error to be some king
of corruption.

> Ok guys, I did most of the investigation work, anyone out there
> who has seen this before?  Is Joshua out sick or something ;)

Like Ged said...

--Josh

Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA