develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from February 2001

Problems with fresh installation

From:
John W Cunningham
Date:
February 15, 2001 00:54
Subject:
Problems with fresh installation
Message ID:
BEEOLIJOIOBCOCILGHKIIEIGDAAA.john@pickaprof.com
Hello all -->

I put together a fresh Redhat 7 box who's sole purpose will be running Perl
scripts that center around the UserAgent function of libwww.  I attempted a
simple connection and return of source code and it's note responding.  There
is a delay and network activity, but no response.  I tried hitting a page
that sent me an email when it was hit and there was no response, so I don't
know where the hole it.

Is there a chance I installed something wrong?  I grabbed all the prereq
mods from CPAN, and installed everything.  Would it matter where I installed
from?  I put everything in a dir within a user acct.  Where should I install
it?

Thanks for the help,

-John