develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from February 2001

LWP::Parallel::UserAgent and MacPerl

From:
James Munroe
Date:
February 11, 2001 00:14
LWP::Parallel::UserAgent and MacPerl
Message ID:
3A862777.CF8A0B82@home.com
I am using the latest MacPerl (v. 5.20r4) and have installed the the
LWP::Parallel::UserAgent module with its associated modules. (I have
installed lib-www v. 2.48 and Parallel::UserAgent v. 5.48, which are
supposed to be mutually compatible.) I have changed the filetypes
apporpriately to MacPerl text files, since this was giving me initial difficulty.

The problem is, even when I have a script with only the line

use LWP::Parallel::UserAgent;

the MacPerl syntax checker says

"LWP/Parallel/UserAgent did not return a true value"

I have not had this problem with the single-thread LWP::UserAgent. I
have written scripts with it that work just fine. When I run the syntax
checker on LWP::Parallel::UserAgent itself, it checks out just fine.

What can be wrong?