develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2001

Stopping on the web!

From:
C K
Date:
January 25, 2001 14:41
Subject:
Stopping on the web!
Message ID:
F249rBoe2U8QVjp3b6u000002eb@hotmail.com
Hi, I have a webcheck script that can be named webcheck.pl or webcheck.cgi

If named webcheck.pl, it allows command line execution, verbose printout as
it checks a site, and termination of the script via Ctrl-C (should a website
be taking to long to check and parse)

If named webcheck.cgi, it allows online execution, verbose html printout
(similar to verbose command line printout) as it checks a site, and
termination via the browser's stop button (supposedly???).  Even though I
press the browser's stop button, doesn't the script continue to run on the
backend, until the script finishes checking and parsing a site?

Do you know how I can catch the user's cancellation via pressing the stop
button or exiting the browser?  Can one even do this?

Even though I do have a limit on number of pages allowed for webchecking, I
was just curious if it's possible to check for user cancellations.

Well, thanks in advanced for your input!