develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2001

Re: Off topic question

From:
Reinier Post
Date:
Re: Off topic question
Message ID:
20010123172024.A8792@win.tue.nl
On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 08:57:20AM -0800, bobmin@nidlink.com wrote:
> I know this is off topic, but can some perhaps point me to a
> resource online that shows how you can load a perl module into
> your local cgi-bin and use it locally. I'm running into a case of a host
> admin that refuses to install some modules for some of our software.
> It would be a lot easier if I could provide instructions for people that
> want to install our software if the module is missing and the admin is
> uncooperative.

Well, the basic idea is, set $PERLLIB to the installation location,
both at installation time and at use time.  At use time you can also use

  use lib <libdir>

--
Reinier