develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2001

Re: LWP::Authen::Digest update for RFC 2617

From:
Gisle Aas
Date:
Re: LWP::Authen::Digest update for RFC 2617
Message ID:
lru26r9e6g.fsf@caliper.ActiveState.com
Dave Dunkin <dave_dunkin@hotmail.com> writes:

> On 19 Jan 2001 10:11:41 -0800, Gisle Aas wrote:
> <snip>
> > You should probably try to avoid warnings from perl about using undef
> > values if the response did not include any nonce value too.  LWP
> > really ought to have a test-suite entry for this code too.
>
> The response header must contain the nonce value, according to RFC 2617.

Ok.  Let's assume that then.

> I looked in the tests and didn't find anything related to the client
> side of the authentication. Did I miss it, or is it not there?

It isn't there.  I just wished it was.  Hint, hint!

--Gisle