develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2001

How do you get libwww-perl.5.48 to timeout?

From:
C K
Date:
January 22, 2001 14:27
Subject:
How do you get libwww-perl.5.48 to timeout?
Message ID:
F131HK91rGGXP9ww1Wy00006715@hotmail.com
I'm setting my user agent, for libwww-perl-5.48, to time out in 15
secs.  But, occassionally some sites are just causing my script to
hang for like 12-20 minutes waiting for a response, example:
http://storebuilder.infospace.com/infospacecom/shop/default.asp

I'm trying to find out why.

So, I tried using alarm() and $SIG{ALRM}.  This helped a little by
timing out according to what I first set alarm(10) to.  But, it's
still hangin on the link shown above.

Has anybody encountered the timeout function for a user agent, not
stopping after a certain period waiting for a response?

Thanks in advance for your advice!