develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2001

Re: Off topic question

From:
Steven Rasmussen
Date:
Re: Off topic question
Message ID:
3A6C720C.30102@4secureorders.com
bobmin@nidlink.com wrote:

> I know this is off topic, but can some perhaps point me to a
> resource online that shows how you can load a perl module into
> your local cgi-bin and use it locally. I'm running into a case of a host
> admin that refuses to install some modules for some of our software.
> It would be a lot easier if I could provide instructions for people that
> want to install our software if the module is missing and the admin is
> uncooperative.

Iserver.com has such an online reference to doing this at:
http://www.iserver.com/support/addonhelp/perl/modules/install.html

Since iserver has not password protected this support
info, I don't suppose they'll mind if their non-customers
(called future customers, I think) use the info.

I have been a reseller of theirs for 5+ years and find
that their software support on their site (like the
link above) to be first rate, as are their hosting services.

Hope that helps,

Steve
--
Steve Rasmussen          <Steve@4SecureOrders.com>