develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2001

Re: Off topic question

From:
Carlos Ramirez
Date:
Re: Off topic question
Message ID:
3A6C6B95.A1244EC@roses.bna.boeing.com
Use the PREFIX parameter to tell Perl where to install a module like so:

% perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/home/your/private/dir
% make
% make install

Now tell Perl where to look for your privately installed modules like so:

use lib '/home/your/private/dir';

Hope this helps.

-Carlos

bobmin@nidlink.com wrote:

> I know this is off topic, but can some perhaps point me to a
> resource online that shows how you can load a perl module into
> your local cgi-bin and use it locally. I'm running into a case of a host
> admin that refuses to install some modules for some of our software.
> It would be a lot easier if I could provide instructions for people that
> want to install our software if the module is missing and the admin is
> uncooperative.
>
>   Thanks in advance.
>
>         Bob Minnick, Northern Webs
>
> Bob Minnick, President, Northern Webs 208.265.0474                                                           |
> Mainpage:      http://www.northernwebs.com
> Meta Medic:    http://www.northernwebs.com/set/setsimjr.html
> SpiderView LC: http://www.northernwebs.com/set/spider_view.html
> SpiderView DA: http://www.northernwebs.com/set/spider_view_da.html

Carlos Ramirez + Boeing + Reusable Space Systems + 714.372.4181
-- Don't make me use uppercase