develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2001

Re: LWP::Authen::Digest update for RFC 2617

From:
Dave Dunkin
Date:
Re: LWP::Authen::Digest update for RFC 2617
Message ID:
200101210652.f0L6qFX13670@weasel.spud.net
On 19 Jan 2001 10:11:41 -0800, Gisle Aas wrote:
<snip>
> You should probably try to avoid warnings from perl about using undef
> values if the response did not include any nonce value too.  LWP
> really ought to have a test-suite entry for this code too.

The response header must contain the nonce value, according to RFC 2617.
I looked in the tests and didn't find anything related to the client
side of the authentication. Did I miss it, or is it not there? I've
attached an updated patch, taking into consideration the things you
pointed out.

Dave