develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2001

HTTP::Request - Username and password

From:
Paul Sachs
Date:
HTTP::Request - Username and password
Message ID:
5770127E9A0BD41186070001022446C99DC87F@eumail2.cims.com
Important: This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named only
and may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must take no action
based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. If you have received
this communication in error please notify the Cendant International Membership
Services Helpdesk by e-mail, (Helpdesk@cims.cendant.com) or by telephone
(+44 (0) 870 241 1234) and then delete the e-mail and any copies of it.
Any Incoming or Outgoing email may be monitored by us.

Hi,

I've started to use HTTP::Request which works fine.  I'm doing a GET on a
URL and getting the result back fine.  However, if the URL is protected by a
username/password authentication mechanism I get a 403 back.  How can I send
a username&password with the GET?

This communication is from Cendant International Membership Services Ltd,
(company number 1008797) reg. office: Wexham Springs, Framewood Road, Wexham,
Slough, SL3 6PH. Telephone +44 (0) 1753 828 600 Fax +44 (0) 1753 662822
http://www.cimseurope.com

Although this e-mail and its attachments are believed to be free from any virus,
it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free.