develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2001

page to retrieve has password check

From:
Maoie Estrella
Date:
January 4, 2001 22:53
Subject:
page to retrieve has password check
Message ID:
016c01c076e3$95e8f560$1b00a8c0@inq7.net
Hi Guys,

just joined the list.  anyway, i just learned to use the libwww module to
get pages in perl (learned it in the perl.com faq section).
however, the page i need to access requires me to enter a username/password.
so if i used the techniques in perl.com, i get a "401 Authorization
Required" error.
so the question would be is how to give the password.  i can't find any help
on this.  don't worry.  they've granted me legal access to the site  :)

also, is there an online documention for the functions and objects of the
libwww module?

thanks in advance!

Maoie Estrella