develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2001

Post Method Problem

From:
Bernie Aua
Date:
January 3, 2001 22:08
Subject:
Post Method Problem
Message ID:
008e01c07614$a1c77200$44b61e18@summum-bonum.socal.rr.com
I've got an application using LWP v5.47 and CryptSSL. I am able to submit
form contents to both secure and non-secure URLs. For the most part,
everything works great. However, I have encountered a problem with a
specific secure URL. When I submit a form via the POST method to this URL:

https://ssl.aego.com:443/%ae6e1ee074dabd0da94dc811d4

I always receive a 500 server error for the response. Using Internet
Explorer, everything works fine. Upon examining the request header in my
application, I see this:

POST https://ssl.aego.com/%AE6e1ee074dabd0da94dc811d4

It appears LWP has changed the %ae in the URL to %AE. Does anyone know if
there is a way I can keep LWP from changing this?

Thanks,
Bernie