develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from December 2000

Problem compiling HTML-Parser-3.10 or greater

From:
Jeffrey M. Johnson
Date:
December 28, 2000 10:40
Subject:
Problem compiling HTML-Parser-3.10 or greater
Message ID:
002b01c070e4$9636c4c0$17fe5486@lib.umn.edu
I apologize in advance if this is not the correct address to send this question/problem to however it is the only address I could find for this code.
Solaris 2.8 (all patches current 001226)
gcc 2.95.2
perl 5.005_03
make 3.78.1

I get the following error with all versions of HTML-Parser-3.10 or greater when I run make

LD_RUN_PATH="" cc -o blib/arch/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.so  -G Parser.o
ld: fatal: file crt1.o: open failed: No such file or directory
make: *** [blib/arch/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.so] Error 1

Not being much of a programmer it appears Parser.o is missing from the tar-ball, but as it is missing from all 5 tar-balls should I find this somewhere else?

Jeffrey M. Johnson
UNIX System Administrator
University of Minnesota Libraries