develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from December 2000

MomSpider & Libwww-Perl libs

From:
Steve Magee
Date:
December 22, 2000 17:52
Subject:
MomSpider & Libwww-Perl libs
Message ID:
3A43DECD.C02873A2@arb.ca.gov
I inherited MomSpider several months ago.  I am trying to understand
how my predecessor installed MomSpider.  No problem downloading
abd untaring this product.  I'm lost when it come to the libwww
libraries.
I have down libwww-perl-5_48.

While untaring the libwww file, I see no referrences to perl scripts
such
as www.pl,  wwwdates.pl, wwwerror.pl and other perl script files that
MomSpider needs.  The README indicates I need to install URI,
MIME-Base64, HTML-Parser, libnet, Digest::MD5.  I don't know if
these are installed on the original machine running RH 5.2.

In the original install of libwww, I see referrences to Perl4 but not
Perl5.
The original MomSpider is running on Perl5.  Have I downloaded the
libwww tar file for Perl5 and this package is not compatable with
MomSpider?  How do I download the latest libwww files needed for
MomSpider?

Thank you for your time,
Steve Magee