develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from December 2000

using xml with LWP

From:
Dave Anderson
Date:
December 20, 2000 06:56
Subject:
using xml with LWP
Message ID:
3A40C8A3.E9F7F5EE@lake.demon.co.uk
Hi,

I have a couple of questions using xml with lwp.

I am trying to generate a simple xml message for communication with an
http server.

There are two problems, at the server end, with my message.

Using the post command, the content is being escaped - i.e.

%3C%3Fxml%20version%3D%221.0%22%3F%3E%0A%3CSMSRequest%20xmlns%3D%22x-schema%3Asms
etc...

The server doesn't want it escaped, and they reckon text/xml shouldn't
be.

Secondly, the request content has an '=' at the end. The server doesn't
want that either.

This is being generated from the POST command, from
LWP::Request::Common.

Does anyone have any comments on this - which side is correct?

many thanks in advance
Dave